There are a few keys to having a beautiful yard. The first is to choose the right plants. Not all plants are created equal when it comes to looks. Some don’t have the aesthetic appeal that others do. But, more importantly, some plants are more accessible to take care of than others.
When you’re trying to have a beautiful yard without much work, you want to choose low-maintenance plants. You also want to select plants that will add color to your yard. The right plants can make all the difference in the world when it comes to the look of your yard. Hiring professional lawn care services is an easy way to make sure that your yard is clean and thriving.
Here are some of the best plants to choose if you want a beautiful, colorful yard without a lot of work:
- Lantana — Lantana is a beautiful flowering plant that comes in various colors, including yellow, orange, pink, and purple. It’s also a very hardy plant that can tolerate various conditions, making it very low-maintenance.
- Creeping Phlox — Creeping phlox is a beautiful groundcover that produces purple, pink, or white flowers in the spring. It’s straightforward to care for and will spread quickly, ideal for covering large areas.
- Impatiens — Impatiens are one of the most popular bedding plants because they are easy to grow and come in a wide range of colors. They do best in shady areas, making them perfect for adding color to your yard without much work.
- Marigolds — Marigolds are another easy-to-grow plant that adds color to your yard. They come in various colors, including yellow, orange, and red. Marigolds are also known for their ability to deter pests, making them a great choice if you want a low-maintenance yard.
- Zinnias — Zinnias are annual flowers that come in a wide range of colors, including yellow, orange, pink, and red. They’re straightforward to grow and make an excellent addition to any garden.
- Petunias — Petunias are another popular annual flower in a wide range of colors. They’re straightforward to grow and can add color to your yard.
- Sunflower — Sunflowers are one of the most iconic flowers. They’re tall, bright, and very easy to grow. Sunflowers make a great addition to any garden and are sure to add a lot of color to your yard.
- Cosmos — Cosmos are annual flowers that come in various colors, including white, pink, purple, and red. They’re straightforward to grow and make an excellent addition to any garden.
- Daisies — Daisies are classic flowers that come in various colors, including white, yellow, and pink. They’re straightforward to grow and make an excellent addition to any garden.
- Black-eyed Susans — Black-eyed Susans are a classic flower that comes in various colors, including yellow, orange, and red. They’re effortless to grow and make an excellent addition to any garden.
These are just a few of the best plants to choose from if you want a beautiful, colorful yard without much work. When selecting plants for your yard, be sure to select appropriate ones for your climate, and that will thrive in the conditions you can provide. With a bit of planning, you can have a beautiful yard that’s easy to take care of.
Tips on How to Keep Your Flowers Fresh:
If you want your flowers to look their best, you can do a few things.
First, be sure to deadhead them regularly. Deadheading is the process of removing spent blooms from the plant. This encourages the plant to produce new flowers and keeps the plant looking neat.
Second, be sure to water your plants regularly. Most plants need about an inch of water per week. Be sure to check the soil before watering to make sure it’s dry. Overwatering can lead to problems, so be sure not to water too often.
Third, fertilize your plants regularly. An excellent general-purpose fertilizer will work for most plants. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions on how often to fertilize.
Fourth, Trim your plants as needed. When you trim your plants, use sharp, clean shears. This will help prevent disease and keep your plants looking their best.
By following these tips, you can keep your flowers looking fresh all summer long. With a bit of care, you can have a beautiful yard that’s the envy of the neighborhood.